Random Network
Statistics
* related to indexed networks only

Networks of the past

Networks of the past  

By: daniel on June 19, 2022, 6:11 a.m.

I wanted to start a topic to pay tributes to networks that existed back in the day but don't anymore.

RIP DeepSpace IRC Network.
They were the first network I ever linked with, used to be at deepspace.org. They specialized in supporting IRC for disabled users. I always highly respected them. They vanished a few years ago after 20 years+ of life.

Daniel Shafer
Founder / Lead Developer
IRC Driven Networks
https://www.ircdriven.com

Last edited by: daniel on June 19, 2022, 6:12 a.m., edited 1 time in total.

Re: Networks of the past  

By: deepend on Sept. 18, 2022, 8:56 p.m.

Well luckly I dont know of any.. DeepSpace IRC network sounded like a great thing. Too bad they went away. I know Newnet kinda went that way but I recently got involved and now running things. Hopefully things will look up in the future.

By: foxtare on May 2, 2023, 9:38 p.m.

Back in the day IRC-Hispano was about the only major network where I was a regular, and most of the friends too, because we were 20 year olds and had a poor grasp of the English language. I imagine the same was happening in Germany, Italy...most of us just were clueless about American networks.

Now it's been defunct since at least 2015, but in decline since much earlier.

By: Xandrah on Oct. 23, 2023, 8:55 p.m.

I used to have a server linked with them quite a few years ago, remember people like CHTANK,SHARA,LINZ etc. It was a real shame when somebody said they would look after the network, turned it into some odd irc at the end, and then hijacked the domain to put it up for sale for excessive prices. The network would be still running today, I keep my irc going but long ago was linked to them and used to be a Network Op for them. Great times when they were around, I do hope to bump into them sometime, or get the deepspace.org domain name and run a server in their honor, maybe even relink with old friendships!